This weekend sees Birmingham’s Hyatt Regency (not shown above) open its doors for the Audio & AV Show 2017. The exhibition opens its doors at 10am on Saturday 16th September runs until 4pm on Sunday 17th. The event is “an opportunity to experience the world’s finest audio and visual products – at all budgets – in one place”. Exhibitors will be on-hand to answer questions, as well as demonstrate the latest gear from brands, including: Bose; Bowers and Wilkins; Epson; KEF; LG; Onkyo; Panasonic; Pioneer; Pro-Ject; Samsung; Technics; and Sonos
Ten reasons to go
1. Exclusive product launches, including global launch of Metaxas & Sins £90,000 SIRENS loudspeakers.
2. Try the latest ‘smart’ speakers, including – models which work with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
3. Get back into vinyl. Invaluable advice from makers, including Pro-Ject and Technics, plus vinyl for sale.
4. Huge tellies! Get up close and personal with Panasonic’s 65”, £6,000, Ultra HD 4K TV.
5. Plan your home cinema. Talk with projector maker Epson, and experience KEF’s Dolby Atmos demo.
6. Stormtrooper photo ops. Guest appearances from Star Wars characters (UK Garrison of 501st Legion).
7. Hear MQA, the latest hi-res audio format, created in Britain and being adopted throughout the world.
8. Save money. Under 16’s are free when accompanied by a full-paying adult.
9. Save more money. Virgin Trains offers 25% off travel. Details here.
10. Save even more money. Show discounts on products, plus chances to win some very cool gear.
The Audio & AV Show, Hyatt Regency & The ICC
Advance prices from £15. Door Prices: 1 Day: £18.00 / 2 Days: £30.00